Home > Joining and Welding Services
Joining and Welding Services
MTI - Your Single Source Solution
As the world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of friction welding machines, Manufacturing Technology, Inc. also offers nothing less than world-class friction welding contract services.
At our facility in South Bend, Indiana, we maintain a wide range of Direct Drive Friction, Inertia Friction, Linear Friction and Friction Stir Welding equipment for industries with variable or low volume needs. MTI operations in England provide in-house contract services for spot, seam, projection, butt and flash/butt Resistance Welding. Our pre- and post-weld processing services, include material procurement, heat treat, cutting, machining, and flash removal.
Leveraging our 80 years of welding and engineering experience and our ground-breaking research and development, MTI also offers value-added contract services including application development and process optimization, feasibility studies, prototyping, research and development, and tooling.
A unique single source solution for any business with friction welding requirements, MTI provides you with the best value for your dollar.
Superior joining and welding contract services from MTI include:
- Machines from 6- to 450-ton weld force
- Material size from .250 to 6-inch diameter solid, or 43 in2 tubular steel
- Production lot quantities from < 5 to > 300,000 pieces per year
- Pre and post-weld processing
- Tooling for most part configurations
- Design for tooling and parts by our experienced Design Engineering Department
- Weld development, feasibility studies and metallurgical evaluation of weld quality by experienced Metallurgists
- Computer storage of parameter data for critical applications
For more information, contact Contract Welding Services.